Wednesday, May 27, 2009

summer plans

the lack of recent posts is proof of the mental and physical break i've been on since transiowa. that and some extra time put in at work has left me without a whole lot i felt like talking about. but now its time to get my shit back together. the problem with focusing so much of my training on transiowa is that i end up peaking very early in the year. so...i've come up with a plan and i'll be spending my june as a sort of second run at spring training and try to get my body to peak again by late summer. following my race at afton alps this weekend i won't race for four weeks. those four weeks will have me riding a very heavy training schedule as well as getting back to strength work. a couple cross country races in july with some tapering should help me get dialed in with the hopes of being at the high end of my fitness for my trips to pennsylvania and south dakota in august and september. that's the plan at least.

2 comments:

the original big ring said...

Looking forward to meeting you in PA at the 101. Can't decide to suffer on the ss or take the bander (1x9) - and still suffer . . .

shockstar said...

pretty sure the suffering is gonna happen. might be my first ride with a suspension fork in like 3 years.