Monday, June 15, 2009

fuck cancer

i don't even know what to say about it anymore. pretty sure everyone i'm related to either died of cancer or had it when they died or had it before they died. multiple experiences with it with my parents have left me scared and angry. a few days ago i found out a good friend is about to receive what was once referred to as a bone marrow transplant that will involve chemo to kill almost everything inside him and leaving him in the hospital for a minimum of a month with a 6 month recovery in the hopes of ridding him of lymphoma. today i was told that a daughter of a friend (who happens to be almost exactly the same age as larsson) is going into isolation for a minimum of four months as part of a chemotherapy treatment to attack the cancer she has been battling for some time. cancer is fucking evil.

mike and haven, you will be in my thoughts. to everyone else out there fighting this or who knows and cares for someone fighting this, i wish you the best.

3 comments:

Trevor Rockwell said...

I know what you are talking about! Living with cancer has been my families life for 13 years and counting now. It doesn't get easier but it makes me happy to think my mom has fought this long and keeps fighting.

Ari said...

I wish our gov would quit dumping money into wars and would invest it in curing these dreaded deseases. Cancer,Diabetes and Alzeimers are ridding us of loved ones.
Be well,
Ari

Charlie Farrow said...

I too can relate, cancer is rampant in my family as well....makes a guy wonder...I guess the lesson is: don't hold back, cuz anything can happen...
I very much enjoy your website...
Cheers,
Charlie