Saturday, June 14, 2008

sometimes...

sometimes riding takes a back seat to life, like it or not. this has been a week that proves that. following my race sunday i worked trails two nights, fulfilled a promise to zack to ride motorcycle one night, spent time with the in-laws one night, and was just too exhausted to ride last night. so today was my first ride since my race on sunday...and it started out terrible. i felt like shit. then...finally...the off-season miles started to pay off. i've noticed this year a common theme in my rides where i start off feeling worse than i used to but i get considerably stronger throughout the rides even when i don't think its possible to get past how awful i feel. so, rode the usual loop through the van peenen trails and rode the log i crashed on a few weeks ago with the new teeter ending...nice work jeff and brian. it rides awesome and i don't have to worry about eating my teeth anymore. the knee is still bothersome. scary bothersome. i ride along with no thoughts about it and then it just grabs me and threatens to end my ride. very frustrating. so, for now, fisty's going freestyle. 8 a.m. gravel ride tomorrow rain or shine (kinda hoping rain for some reason). this will be my first gravel ride on fisty not fixed...should be fun. hopefully late fall i can take a long enough break to get the knee back in shape before training for t.i.v.5. g-t are you listening???? some of are already planning...

No comments: